Hunter College has graduated thousands of alumni since the first degree was granted more than 120 years ago. Hunter's alumni have made their mark in virtually every field, including the arts, business, community service, education, law, medicine, health-care, science, and social work. Many are leaders in their professions and many have made pioneering contributions to their fields.
- Many Hunter students go on to earn graduate or professional degrees in education, social work and the health sciences -- about 20% enroll in a post-baccalaureate program within one year of graduating and 35% within 2-3 years. (Source: Hunter Graduation Files and National Student Clearinghouse)
- Given Hunter's location and its highly-regarded liberal arts, media, education, social work, and accounting programs, Hunter graduates find employment in a range of specialized organizations. Some of our top employers include the NYC Board of Education, the National Institute for People with Disabilities, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Price Waterhouse Coopers, the US Census Bureau, and the NYC Department of Health. Many of these employers participate in Hunter's career expos and job fairs.
Hunter's alumni participate in the life of the college, maintain their friendships, and support worthy academic endeavors at their alma mater.
- All alumni are invited to join the . Membership in the Association is automatic upon graduation from any of Hunter's degree programs. The association connects Hunter and its graduates through activities such as the Annual Birthday Luncheon, the Alumni Hall of Fame, career mentoring for students, and through Hunter alumni publications. You can also register for the online newsletter, see fellow Hunter alumni in the news, or get career advice.
- Alumni in the community can learn about events at the college that are open to the public, attend an athletic match, contact the College leadership, or study with us in the tuition-free Senior Citizen Program.
- All are welcome to support the , the , or make an online donation.