Memo to Faculty
Please include the statement below in your syllabus and call attention to it on the first day of class:
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
In compliance with the ADA and with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Hunter College is committed to ensuring educational access and accommodations for all the students registered to the Office of AccessABILITY. Therefore, Hunter College’s students with disabilities and medical conditions are encouraged to register with the Office of AccessABILITY for assistance and accommodation.
For information and appointment contact the Office of AccessABILITY located in Room 1214 of the East Building or email email@example.com or call (212) 772-4857 /or TTY (212) 650-3230.
- Upon students’ disclosure of their need for accommodations (due to a disabling condition, physical or otherwise), you should inform the student of the services provided through the Office of AccessABILITY and advice them to stop by the office to see a counselor. Failure to advise students regarding this service may result in delay in accommodations, student academic failure and legal implications.
- The Office of AccessABILITY provides accommodations based on students’ disability and need. Please do not attempt to provide accommodations without consulting with the office.
To confirm accommodations and registration status of your students with this office,
- Please ask for students’ Accommodation ID Card which contains the listing of any accommodations to which they are entitled. You may also contact the office directly at (212) 772-4857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not ask the student to identify their disabilities/ medical conditions to you. Do not ask for medial documentation, and do not make any comments or statements about their disability. Please refer the student to the Office of AccessABILITY and follow up with an email or call should you need further information or confirmation from the office.
- Please look through the Reasonable Accommodations booklet for more information.
Links to further information points of interests are provided below.
The following link provides you with answers to questions raised on the faculty and staff survey through our program.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Office of AccessABILITY located in Room 1214 of the East Building or email email@example.com or call (212) 772-4857 /or TTY (212) 650-3230.