The mission of our club is to advocate for and support students who have visible and/or invisible disabilities. A major goal of the club is to provide comaraderie and support in order to improve retention and graduation rates for our members. Our Club will provide awareness of every day challenges experienced by our students through educational and social events, fundraising and support groups.
Our club spreads awareness about a variety of disabilities through exciting initiatives and events such as film festivals, celebrations, art shows and cultural events. We also work closely with CUNY Coalition for Students with Disabilities (CCSD), to address student concerns in regards to accessibility across CUNY.
2016-2017 Club Officers:
- President: Matt Wysocki, email@example.com
- Vice-President: Paldon Dolma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: TBA
- Secretary: Carina Santos Taveras Carina.SantosTaveras37@myhunter.cuny.edu
Events & Activities:
- Biweekly PossAbilities Club Meeting
- CUNY wide club activities, retreats, parties and celebrations
- Disability Awareness Month Events
- Halloween, Thanksgiving and other holiday festivities and celebrations
- Health and wellness activities such as workshops provided by experts in the disabilities field
- Performing arts events
|Become a fan of the PossAbilities Club on Facebook|
We welcome your thoughts and ideas for enhancing services
for students with disabilities at Hunter College.
Join us to innovate, create and grow today!
For more information:
Contact Ms. Stephanie Pietropaolo, Advisor at (212) 650-3582 email@example.com