ACERT events invite participants to share and discuss high-impact teaching practices that faculty can incorporate into their classrooms:
- Teaching Tuesdays: At lunchtime (12-2 pm) on Tuesdays, CUNY faculty and/or invited guests speak about methods they've used to engage students, expand their research skills and assess teaching effectiveness. Past seminars have addressed critical thinking in different discipines, using portfolios and reflection to enhance classroom instruction, connecting teaching and undergraduate research, and working with the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Click here to see our current Teaching Tuesdays.
- Tech Thursdays: At lunchtime (12-2 pm) on Thursdays, a panel of Hunter faculty discuss their experiences using a range of technologies to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom. Our team of educational technologists are always on hand to answer additional questions. Click here to see our current Tech Thursdays.
- Teaching Scholarship Circles: Over the course of several weeks, faculty meet to discuss pedagogical topics and expand their skill sets. Click to see our current Teaching Scholarship Circles.
- Special Events: At lunchtime (12-2 pm) we occasionally feature special events in the later weeks of the semester or in lieu of a Teaching Tuesdays or Tech Thursdays event. Different from the other programming, our special events generally involve active engagement such as a hands-on session, round-table or webinar. Click to see our current Special Events.
- Guided Explorations: Over the course of several days at a time scheduled between semesters, faculty meet to discuss pedagogical topics and expand their skill sets. The schedule of previous sessions will be added shortly.