note: links go to a comprehensive database for each journal, click the listing on the right for specific volumes
This journal offers articles dealing with all aspects of higher learning.
- New Directions for Evaluations
This quarterly, thematic journal publishes empirical, methodological and theoretical works on all aspects of evaluation. Each issue is devoted to a single topic.
- New Directions for Teaching & Learning
This journal offers a comprehensive range of ideas and techniques for improving college teaching based on the experience of seasoned instructors and the latest findings of educational and psychological researchers.
- New Directions for Community Colleges
Essential to the professional libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other leaders in today's open-door institutions, this journal provides expert guidance in meeting the challenges of their distinctive and expanding educational mission.
- Chronicle for Higher Education
This journal is a source of news, information and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators.
- Liberal Education - AACU
This award-winning, AACU journal is the national forum for liberal education, addressing teaching and learning, leadership, faculty innovation, and institutional change in the service of improving undergraduate education.
- International Journal of Teaching & Learning
This journal provides a forum for higher education faculty, staff, administrators, researchers and students who are interested in improving post-secondary instruction.
- New Directions for Higher Education
Addressed to presidents, vice presidents, deans and other higher-education decision-makers, this journal provides timely information and authoritative advice about major issues and administrative problems confronting every institution.
Articles and Books, U.S.
- "Approaching the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning" (PDF) by Pat Hutchings, Senior Scholar, The Carnegie Foundation or the Advancement of Teaching
- "Surveying the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning" (PDF) by M.T. Huber and P. Hutchings
- Learning Spaces, edited by Diana G. Oblinger
- A Test of Leadership: Charting the Future of U.S. Higher Education
- Levels of Assessment: From the Student to the Institution
Articles and Books, Global
- Comparative Indicators of Education in the United States and Other G8 Countries: 2004 (PDF)
- The Bologna Process for U.S. Eyes: Re-learning Higher Education in the Age of Convergence (PDF)
- The Bologna Club: What U.S. Higher Education Can Learn from a Decade of European Reconstruction (PDF)
- Implications of the "Bologna Process" for MSCHE (PPT)