Guidelines & Templates
- Student Learning Outcomes: Guideline & Do-It-Yourself Workbook (PDF)
Faculty are encouraged to use this document to become familiar with developing student learning outcomes.
- Hunter College Syllabus Checklist: Recommendations Based on Best Practices (PDF)
Faculty may use this checklist to ensure that no pertinent information is forgotten on their new or existing syllabi.
- Template for Department/Program-Level Assessment, September 2009 (PDF)
Chairs and program directors may use this template to align courses with departmental/program goals.
- Template for Course-Level Assessment, September 2009 (PDF)
Faculty may use this template to develop course-level learning outcomes.
- General Education Competency Grid (Excel Spreadsheet) (PDF)
This template is recommended by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education for all those involved with general education.
- Learning Outcomes (PDF)
Bloom's Taxonomy and examples of learning outcomes.
- Curriculum Maps (PDF)
Examples of department based curriculum maps.
- AAC&U VALUE Rubrics (PDF)
Rubrics for fifteen liberal learning outcomes were developed by teams of faculty members and academic professionals from all types of higher education institutions across the country.