Under the leadership of Gina Cherry, Program Manager of ICIT's Technology, Teaching & Learning Group (TTLG), ACERT seeks to enrich the educational experience of students at Hunter College by encouraging the thoughtful integration of technology into the curriculum. The TTLG team of educational technologists is available to guide, support, and collaborate with faculty, helping them incorporate technology in effective and innovative ways. Our programs are designed to create opportunities for faculty to share ideas, form networks and communities, and learn from one another.
- Tech Thursdays: At lunchtime (12-2 pm) on Thursdays, a panel of Hunter faculty discusses their experience using a range of technologies to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom. Our team of educational technologists is always on hand to answer additional questions.
- Guided Explorations: In this workshop series, faculty are introduced to a new pedagogical approach or to a complex tool that could potentially fill many pedagogical needs. Faculty explore scenarios in which this tool or approach might be used and begin to apply these ideas to their own teaching. Topics have included hybrid course design, ePortfolio pedagogy, and strategies for teaching with online meeting tools. Many of these series are co-facilitated by an educational technologist and a faculty member.
- Teaching Scholarship Circles: These biweekly seminars, organized around specific topics, offer faculty an intensive and ongoing opportunity to enhance their pedagogy. Faculty participants read scholarly articles and share their teaching experiences with colleagues. Many of these series are co-facilitated by an educational technologist and a faculty member.
- Faculty Innovations in Teaching with Technology (FITT): The FITT program, launched by President Raab in 2008, offers Hunter faculty stipends and support from an educational technologist to work on new ways of incorporating technology in their classes. The FITT call for proposals goes out in the spring semester and work on the projects takes place during the summer months.
- Consultations: Our team of educational technologists will work with you to effectively incorporate technology in your classes. We can help you articulate your teaching and learning goals, select appropriate tools to achieve these goals, design learner-centered activities incorporating these tools, and collect evidence of the impact of these innovations.