You are here: Home Admissions Admissions Information Non-Degree


Are you looking to take a class or two at Hunter but not enroll full-time in a degree program? Non-degree courses are a great way for you to earn college credit. Each semester, hundreds of non-degree students take advantage of the wonderful coursework offered at Hunter College for a variety of reasons.

Who is eligible?

  • Anyone who has completed high school or the equivalency exam
  • Visiting students from other colleges
  • Students who have already earned a degree
  • High school seniors

How to Apply

To apply visit the Non-Degree Admission Application webpage*

Application Priority Deadlines:

Fall Semester - May 1 Winter Session - October 1
Spring Semester - November 1 Summer Session - April 1

*We will cotinue to accept applications based on space-availability.

Required Supplemental documents:

  • Proof of high school graduation (diploma or transcript)
  • Unofficial college transcript (if you have earned more than 24 college credits)
  • Written approval from your high school principal or headmaster, etc. (current high school seniors only)

How much does it cost?

Application Fee: There is a one-time application fee of $65 that will be added to your tuition bill once you register. You do not have to pay the application fee up front.

Tuition: Students taking a non-degree course pay the non-degree student tuition costs per credit. Review tuition details here.

*Unfortunately, financial aid or scholarship opportunities are not available for students taking non-degree courses.

Document Actions
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065