You are here: Home Admissions Admissions Information Transfers Admitted Students

Admitted Students

Admitted Students

Congratulations! Now that you have been admitted, we want to make sure that you take all the steps necessary to make a smooth transition to Hunter.

Step 1 - Commit to attend Hunter College via you CUNYFirst account. (Follow the link in your acceptance email) 

Step 2- Follow the instructions in your CUNYfirst account to submit your $100 commitment deposit (if required) 

Step 3 - Wait 1-2 weeks for your New Student Page to be created. You will be sent an email with your log-in information. Here you will be able to complete all of the remaining enrollment steps, including registration. 

New Student Page

For all students who have been admitted for the upcoming semester, you will be sent log-in information to your New Student Page starting around 1-2 weeks after you commit to attending Hunter. 

Our transfer credit policies outline will give you an idea of how we arrived at your evaluation. If you would like to submit your final grades (courses in progress) please email or mail an official transcript to:

Transfer Course Evaluation
Office of Admissions & Recruitment

Hunter College 

695 Park Avenue, Room 203 North
New York, NY 10065


Other College Credit

International Baccalaureate Credit

Students who have received an International Baccalaureate diploma may receive credit for higher level IB exams (HL) with scores of 5, 6, or 7 for year long courses. No credit will be awarded for Standard Level (SL) exams. An official transcript and IB Diploma are required for the credit process. Credit will be granted for IB Higher Level Exams when the IB Diploma is submitted.

Establishing New York State Residency

Some students will be asked to provide further documentation to prove eligibility for in-state tuition rates. For more detailed information on City University of New York (CUNY) regulations regarding establishing New York State residency, please view or download CUNY's Tuition and Fee Manual: Residency. You can also download the Residency form for submission to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment.

Submitting Your College-Level Coursework for Credit

There are a variety of exams available for high school students to gain college credit before they enroll. Currently, Hunter College accepts the Advanced Placement (AP) exam, the International Baccalaureate (IB) exam, GCE (The General Certificate of Education Advanced Level generally termed the GCE Advanced Level or more commonly the A-level). Hunter students may be granted as much as one year of degree credit (normally 30 credits) for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, GCE, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Regent College Examinations (RCE), and College-Level coursework.

Document Actions
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065