You are here: Home Admissions Important Admissions FAQ’s during COVID-19

Important Admissions FAQ’s during COVID-19


The Hunter College Admissions and Recruitment Team wishes all of our students, applicants, future applicants, and members of the College Counseling community all the best during these unprecedented times. We recognize that there is a lot of anxiety and unknowns surrounding the college admissions process at this time and we want to stress that we are here to support you.

While you are always welcome to contact us, we have developed a FAQ below that we hope will answer some of your immediate questions. We will continue to update this page as frequently as possible.


Please choose from the categories below:

High School

High School

High School
Sophomores & Younger



Guidance Counselors & Community Partners


High School Seniors


High School Juniors


High School Sophomores and younger students


Transfer Students


Accepted Students

I have found out that I have just been admitted. What do I do next?

Congratulations on your admission to Hunter College! Please checkedd Accepted Students Page.

How do I apply for housing? When will I know if I was offered housing?

You can find more information about housing here. Fill out the student interest form on their 'apply' page. Housing is offered on a rolling basis to those who have filled out the interest form.

I applied to a specific major, why did it change to "Undeclared"? When can I declare my major?

Once you meet with an academic advisor you will be instructed on how to declare your major with the academic department. 

I have "CIP" on my transfer credit evaluation, what is that and how do I fix it?

"CIP" stands for "Courses In Progress" and is assigned to courses that do not have a grade on your last available transcript.

To update your credit evaluation, you will need to request for your previous institution to send an official transcript to as soon as grades are posted. 

How can I submit documents securely?

(For example: NYS State Residency Application, Proof of Citizenship, Change of Name/Address/Social Security)

Step 1 - Fill out the
Change of Name, Address and Social Security Number form or the NY State Residency From

Step 2 - Follow instructions provided by CUNY on how to upload the form and the proof to CUNYFirst.

Step 3 - Alert that documents have been submitted (include your first name, last name, CUNYFirst ID#, and date of birth in the email).

How do I defer my admissions to another semester?

To defer your admission please accept our offer of admission in CUNYFirst, submit a deposit to reserve your seat (if required), and wait for the New Student Portal. You will be able to defer in the New Student Portal. 

How do I check my financial aid status?

Go to CUNYFirst, and navigate to your Student Center page. On the left hand side you will see a 'Finances' tab. Under this, is a 'View Financial Aid' option. Click on Hunter, and it should give you all of the details about your financial aid package.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Don’t forget to file your FAFSA and TAP applications for the 2020 – 2021 academic year. If you have already filed, be sure to update your application to reflect Hunter College.

File for Federal Aid - FAFSA (Hunter College Code 002689)
Fine for New Your State Aid - TAP (Hunter College Code 1413)


Guidance Counselors and Community Partners


Document Actions
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065