Ida Silvestri Mangone Fund
The Ida Silvestri Mangone Fund for the Study of Peace and its Consequences supports field research by excellent students in the Department of Anthropology of Hunter College CUNY.
The Mangone Fund supports approximately 5 students annually with average grants of $500-$1000.
1. Applicants for support must be matriculated students of the Department of Anthropology.
2. They may be undergraduates or Master’s students.
3. Their interests may be in anthropological archaeology, cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology or physical anthropology.
4. Prior recipients of Mangone Fund support may reapply.
5. They must be U.S. citizens
Type of Projects
1. Participation in fieldwork, including field schools or membership in the field project of another Principal Investigator, within the parameters of the Fund.
2. Exploratory fieldwork to assess the potential of an area / topic for a full field project.
3. Field Project, in which the student is the Principal Investigator.
4. Projects involving human subjects will require approval by the Institutional Review Board of the college
The Mangone Fund is administered by the Committee on Personnel & Budget of the Department.
1. Students should submit 3 - 5 page proposals in addition to a budget by email attachment to the department chair. by Monday, April 18th, 2017. Mail to: Jonathan.Shannon@hunter.cuny.edu
2. Each proposal should be accompanied by a letter of support from a member of the department faculty
3. The list of Fund recipients will generally be announced about two weeks after the application deadline.
4. At the conclusion of a project, the recipient shall submit a brief report of project results to the Department.
For further information or to submit proposals, contact:
Chair, Dept. of Anthropology