Apply to the MA
To apply for the MA in Dance Education, applicants must complete the following steps:
1. Create an account on the Apply Yourself system: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=Hunter-G
2. Select "School of Education" --> "Other Programs" --> "MA in Dance Education"
3. Complete the online application, making sure to include the following items:
- An updated CV
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities attended. (Please note that upon acceptance you will be required to submit official copies of all transcripts.)
- Two letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional sources
- A statement of purpose of approximately 500 words describing your objectives in undertaking graduate study. In reviewing applications, considerable importance is placed on the applicant's interest in and commitment to advanced study and professional development
- A 5-15 minute video of your creative work. Please include a brief written synopsis of the video, describing the context of the piece and how to identify you if there is more than one performer. Upload the video(s) to YouTube as a public, private, or unlisted video and add the link(s) to your CV. Alternatively, you can mail a DVD of your work to: Kathleen Isaac, Hunter College Department of Curriculum and Teaching, 695 Park Avenue, 1023 West, New York, NY, 10065
4. Applicants must also attend an audition at Hunter College. Some applicants will be asked to stay for an interview following the audition; however, this is not indicative of whether or not an applicant is being considered for the program.
* Auditions will be held on March 7th, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.