Arnhold Alumni LEAD
In May of 2014, AGDEP established Arnhold Alumni LEAD (Leadership in Education and Artistry through Dance) to promote a commitment to lifelong learning, while strengthening community among dance educators.
In a special ceremony held in Hunter's Zabar Art Library, Jody Arnhold presented our 2014 graduating class with a pin representing the central tenants of Arnhold Alumni LEAD:
- A - Arnhold Scholar, Arnhold Graduate Dance Education Program
- Triangle – Artist, Educator, Scholar
- Infinity Sign – Never ending commitment to lifelong learning and leadership in dance
- Pearl – The world/universe and the Hunter motto, Mihi cura future – “The care of the future is mine.” The oyster shell protects and nurtures the precious pearl. Arnhold Alumni go forth caring for the precious future of dance artistry, education, and scholarship.
- Circle – The unbreakable bond built at Hunter within the AGDEP community and the continuous circle of commitment as alumni go forth as the leaders in dance education
We congratulate the inaugaural members of Arnhold Alumni LEAD: LEAD President Yulanda Knights, Kelly Garcia, Elizabeth Gosselin, Danielle Harris, Danielle Nicolosi, and Christina Stampolis. These inspiring, passionate educators deomonstrate excellence in dance artistry, education, and scholarship. They will go forward from Hunter to care for the legacy of dance and future generations of those inspired by dance.
L to R: Daniell Harris, Christina Stampolis, Danielle Nicolosi, Kelly Garcia, Elisabeth Gosselin, Jody Arnhold, Kathleen Isaac, and Yulanda Knights