Established in the fall of 2012, iDanceEd is an enhanced and comprehensive dance education curriculum component that enables students to prepare for a future of increasingly modern and complex dance teaching, while gaining the critical 21st century skills and strategies necessary for them to emerge as future leaders in dance education. Scholars share and practice student-centered methods of integrating dance artistry and education with digital tools and technology through training sessions and workshops, coursework in Dance Methods classes, and fieldwork experiences in P-12 dance classrooms.
As part of the iDanceEd initiative, all AGDEP scholars are provided with an Apple iPad, as well as technology training and support for the duration of their graduate career. Students, faculty, and staff catalog technology research; app reviews; informative articles, websites and videos; and tutorials/how-tos on our technology blog, www.idanceed.com.
Schedule an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org to collaborate with the iDanceEd team!
- Building a professional website
- Basic photo, video, and sound editing
- PowerPoint and Prezi presentations
- Training on education apps and hardware, including SMART Boards
- Tech support for CUNY sites such as Blackboard, Digication, and CUNYfirst
- Software training on programs and apps like Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Pages, iMovie
- Creating an effective social media presence with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Flickr
- Graphic design for digital and print materials
- General iPad support and troubleshooting