How to Apply
Applicants must have an undergraduate baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (BA, BFA, or BS), and must have completed at least 12 credits of undergraduate courses in art history and have maintained a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in those courses, with a minimum 3.0 index overall. Reading knowledge of German, French, or Italian is required.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE DEADLINES
Fall Semester: February 1st
Spring Semester: October 1st
* International applicants [those who either have undergraduate credits from non-U.S. institutions and/or who require a Student (F-1) or Exchange (IAP-66) Visa] are required to submit their applications at least one month prior to the program deadline.
Applications may be submitted online at: www.hunter.cuny.edu/graduateadmissions
The application process includes the following:
- Two letters of recommendation from former instructors, preferably professors who teach art history.
- A statement of purpose describing your goals and how attending Hunter will help you achieve those goals.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- TOEFL score (if applicable). Applicants who have taken all or part of their undergraduate education in a country where English is not the native language must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and earn a minimum score of 570. Applicants may be required to submit an essay written in English, and/or complete a course in the English Department before being permitted to matriculate in the Art History Program.
TUITION AND FEES
Students must pay tuition and fees in full at the time of registration. Financial arrangements for the payment of tuition and fees must be made by the student prior to registration. More information about tuition and fees can be found at: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/bursar/tuition-fees/tuition-and-fees-1