Opportunity for current MA students: MA's Curate MFA Alumni Exhibition
Dear current, NYC living, Hunter College MA Students,
The Hunter College Art Galleries (HCAG) are excited to announce our Fall 2014 inaugural exhibition at 205 Hudson Street: MAs curate MFA Alumni (working title), which will be made possible by the generous support of the C12 Fund. Three current MA students will be selected through an application process (the application details are below) to curate this exhibition. Working under the guidance of the HCAG staff curators, the MA curators will gain hands on experience on all aspects of the exhibition including:
- -Researching MFA alumni and selecting artists for inclusion in the exhibition
- -Conducting studio visits with selected artists
- -Selecting work for the exhibition
- -Presenting the exhibition proposal to the Gallery Committee
- -Drafting and sending loan forms
- -Producing a publication for the exhibition, including writing catalog essays
- -Planning public programming
- -Assisting with shipping of artworks
- -Producing didactics
- -Designing the exhibition layout
- -Assisting with the installation
The three MA Curators will be selected by a sub-committee of the Gallery Committee members and will be announced by the end of February 2014. The 3 MA Curators will receive a curatorial honorarium for their work on the exhibition. The project will begin in late February/early March and will culminate in the Fall 2014 semester with the opening of the exhibition and public programming.
The application is open to all current MA students. The application deadline is February 4th 2014. All applications should be submitted to HCAG Curator Sarah Watson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following information:
- -Brief Statement explaining why you want to participate in this curatorial project including:
1.) How this opportunity will enhance your experience in the MA Art History program at Hunter College.
2.) How this curatorial experience will support your career aspirations.
- -Faculty Endorsement: Please provide the name and email of a faculty member that can be contacted for a recommendation.
At the top of each page of your application please include your name and email.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 4TH, 2014