Art History Internships
Art History Internship (In-service) (1-6 credits)
To qualify for an In-service Learning assignment in Art History, the student must meet the following requirements:
In-service Learning Program in Art History: Prerequisites for Internship Placement
1. Must be an art history major, and at least an upper sophomore.
2. Have completed a minimum of 12 credits in the major, including the prerequisite, ARTH111.
3. Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at the time you apply; you may be requested to provide your college transcript for review by the departmental advisor.
4. Meet with and obtain written approval from the departmental advisor prior to being accepted and placed in an internship.
5. Be willing to accept the mandatory "Credit/No Credit" (CR/NC) grading policy. (A "CR" credit is not entered into your grade point average, and does not affect it.)
6. A maximum of 3 credits may be taken in any given semester; exceptions can be made if written approval is received from the departmental advisor.
THE CREDITS EARNED CANNOT BE USED TO FULFILL THE 24-CREDIT REQUIREMENTS.
Three credits may be applied to the 42-credit major. A maximum of six Art History In-service credits may be applied to the degree.
Internship Possibilities for students in the Department of Art & Art History
Studio Art advisor: Prof. Jeffrey Mongrain
Art History advisor: Prof. Lynda Klich
Come see us to discuss your interests. We suggest casting your net widely, and thinking broadly about institutions, organizations, and individuals with whom you could do an internship.