Combined ARTLA 101 Group Show
Participate in the ARTLA 101 group show any student enrolled in any section of the art 101 class this semester can submit! This will be a public event that students can invite friends and family from outside Hunter to attend. Click here to submit your work!
- The show will be located in the 11th floor critique room across the hall from the office.
- The dates of the show are Thurs. Apr. 23rd, Fri. Apr. 24th and Mon. Apr. 27th
- Thursday Apr. 23rd will be the day for installation from 9am-4pm.
- We will have an alcohol-free Opening Reception that students can invite friends and family to attend from 5pm-8pm on Thurs. Apr. 23rd. The “Gallery” will be open on Fri. Apr. 24th and Mon. Apr. 27th from 11am-5pm.
- We will have a closing/de-installation party for the participating student artists on Mon. Apr. 27th from 5-6pm.
Any student wishing to participate is welcome and encouraged to but it is important to ask for volunteers to perform different jobs to assist in the mounting of the show and for the “gallery” to be open on Friday and Monday.
These duties will include:
- Installation on Thurs. beginning at 9am. Drop off of work 9-11am
- Setting up for the opening reception at 4pm.
- On Fri. Apr. 24th and Mon. Apr. 27th, we will need “gallery” sitters from 11am-5pm. Two people taking one to two hour shifts.
- Volunteers to take down the work and clean up after ourselves.
- In having a closing party, all participating artists should be present or have arranged for someone to pick up their work. This is important, nothing can be stored and all work must be out of the room by Monday night. Work cannot come down until the gallery is closed at 5pm.
- Students can also participate in the show by helping with intra-campus promotion. Designing announcements for intra-campus display and hanging them throughout the campus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to help with designing for and promoting the show.