Applications are now being accepted for the 2011-2012 Leon Cooperman Scholars program. The deadline to submit an application is December 15, 2011.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have earned at least 45 credits, 30 of which must have been earned at Hunter College. Graduate students and individuals with advanced degrees are not eligible to apply. Successful applicants will show evidence of academic achievement and the following:
- Demonstrated financial need (students must file an electronic FAFSA)
- Have a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated interest in business<
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Previous internship experience in the field of business is desirable but not required
Students selected for the Program will be eligible for renewal of their participation in the program until the completion of their bachelor's degree assuming they maintain the minimum academic requirements of a 3.3 cumulative GPA and are enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credits per semester) at Hunter College.
How to Apply
The application is completely web-based. In order to complete the application, you will need the following pieces of information:
- An electronic copy of your resume, highlighting your extra-curricular activities and interests
- An electronic copy of your official transcript
- A written essay of 500 words or less addressing one of the two questions:
- Why might a career in business be of interest to me? or
- Where do I see my career 5-years post graduating from Hunter and 10-years post graduating from Hunter?
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from a Hunter faculty member
When you are ready to begin, click here to access the online application. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days of your submission. If you have not received an e-mail within that time, please contact the Pre-Business Advisor.
The program has a highly competitive selection process and strives to select a class of scholars who are academically, geographically and culturally diverse based upon the applicant pool.
If you have questions about the application process, please email Grace Trewartha at firstname.lastname@example.org, Office of Pre-Business Advising.