You are here: Home School of Arts & Sciences Undergraduate Education Pre-Health Advising Prospective Students

Prospective and New Transfer Students

Students interested in transferring to Hunter College from another institution should contact the Hunter College Admissions Office.

There is no Pre-Health or Pre-Med major at Hunter College. The Pre-Health Advising Office assists students in taking the appropriate pre-requisite coursework that is required by the profession to which he or she is applying, but this coursework must be completed in addition to the major and general education requirements. There is no special application for undergraduate students interested in completing the pre-medical requirements at Hunter.

Information about the Pre-medical curriculum at Hunter can be found here on our website.

Note: Students interested in Hunter’s nursing, public health, nutrition, or medical laboratory science programs can find the information they need online at the School of Health Professions website and the Hunter Bellevue School of Nursing website. We do not advise these students in the Pre- Health Advising Office.


Once you are admitted to Hunter College e-mail us or make an appointment for advisement to find out more about how the Pre-Health Advising Office can help you on your path to becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian, podiatrist or optometrist. This can be done during your first semester, and does not need to be done prior to classes starting.

Transfer Credit

The Pre-Health Advising Office CANNOT evaluation transfer credit. For information about how your courses might transfer to Hunter College please visit the Course Equivalency Search Engine provided by the Admissions Office. If you cannot find information about your courses you will have to speak to someone in admissions and/or the appropriate academic department (i.e. evaluation of a Biology course should be done in the Biology department).

For students who are already at Hunter but would like to have additional courses evaluated please make sure to bring a copy of your transcript and a course description (usually found in a course catalog or school website) to the appropriate department.

Helpful Links:

Document Actions
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065