Retake, Refund & Discount Policies
Repeating Classes for Students Enrolled in Certificate Programs Only
- If a student fails a course, they can retake this course free of charge within one year.
- This privilege can be exercised only once for the duration of the program, for students enrolled in the entire certificate program.
- If a student is unable to complete or has to drop a course, please state the reason in writing and send to Continuing education.
- With all retakes, the registration fee must be paid if applicable, when registering.
Refund requests must be accompanied by your receipt. The processing of refunds takes one to four weeks. If Hunter cancels a course, students are entitled to a 100% refund (including registration fee).
If the student withdraws:
- Prior to the first class meeting, tuition is refunded minus the $35 registration fee and a $10 drop fee.
- After the first class meeting, no refunds will be issued.
- Certificate Program students will have a $100 penalty deducted from tuition upon withdrawal.
- For the certificate program, in addition to the dropping fee, students will be charged the entire course tuition even if they attend only one session
Refund Policy for Online Courses
- The first class session begins the moment a student logs into the system. No refunds will be granted after this point.
- Refund requests must be made in writing (via fax, email or in person).
- Credit card refunds are credited back to the card used to register for the course.
- Check refunds will be mailed 4 to 6 weeks after cancelled registration.
All discounts are available on individual courses of $100 or more and on a space available basis. Discounts do not apply to additional fees for materials, special equipment, or for classes that are co-sponsored with another organization.
Discounts are calculated as follows unless otherwise indicated:
- No discounts on the Certificate Programs.
- Discounts do not apply to Silberman School of Social Work courses, unless otherwise noted.
- Discounts do not apply to School of Education courses, unless otherwise noted.
- 20% discount for Hunter employees, students, and senior citizens, aged 62+ (must present proof), senior diplomatic personnel (UN Diplomats, Vice-Consuls, Ambassadors, etc).
- 10% discount for Hunter alumni, US Veterans and CUNY employees (must present proof of employment including title and date of employment).
- Any additional discounts are at the discretion of the director or his designee. Unless otherwise indicated, employees must have a minimum of three months employment to be eligible for discounts.
- Promotional Discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts.
To receive the discount, you must register by mail, fax or in person and be prepared to show proof. You cannot receive the discount when registering on-line. Discounts must be taken at the time of registration, and will not be given retroactively. Discounts may not be combined. Any exceptions to the above policy require the Director's written approval. Refer to the CE/IELI brochure for the discount policy.