The center offers the following resources for most languages:
- Digitized audio programs
- CD-rom programs
- Computerized study modules
- Video programs
- Web based activities
- Web language search engines
- Computer based writing programs
- Films on VHS and DVD
- Satellite down link
- Home borrowing of audio cassette for students registered in a specific language course
- Language tutoring for SEEK status students in French, Italian, and Spanish
- Limited tutoring assistance by student aides proficient in a foreign language
The center offers computerized study modules from publishers of texts as well as some of the best commercially available language learning tools.
The Chanin Center provides foreign language students with a home borrowing program for audio materials only, either on audio cassettes or audio CDs. The program is limited to students enrolled in a foreign language course who need additional help and are unable to spend extra time at The Chanin Center.
Some Hunter College faculty and staff are developing their own materials.