Eligibility and Honors
Ceremony Participation Eligibility
The following students are eligible to march in the Winter 2017 Commencement Ceremony:
- September 2016 graduates who fulfilled all degree requirements during the Summer 2016 sessions; or
- Winter (January) candidates who will have completed their degree requirements in the Fall 2016 or Winter 2017 sessions by January 24, 2017.
Remember to RSVP by December 30, 2016 to reserve your tickets!
**To have your name included in the printed program your Degree Audit must be complete by October 1. No exceptions!
Graduation with general college honors will be noted on your diploma and transcript.
A student who has completed 60 credits of traditional letter grades at Hunter College may be considered for graduation honors.
- Summa Cum Laude: Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.900 or higher
- Magna Cum Laude: Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.750 to 3.899
- Cum Laude: Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.500 to 3.749
Graduation with Departmental Honors will be noted on your transcript.
Individual academic departments identify those students who are eligible to graduate with departmental honors. If you have additional questions, please contact your major department directly.
Criteria: 4.0 GPA and all credits completed at Hunter College.
NOTE: College credits completed in high school through AP, College Now, or similar programs do not affect eligibility for Valedictorian, even if those credits were earned at institutions other than Hunter College.
- 3.900-3.999 GPA and all credits completed at Hunter College; or
- Transfer students with 4.0 GPA and 60 or more credits completed at Hunter College
NOTE: College credits completed in high school through AP, College Now, or similar programs do not affect eligibility for Salutatorian, even if those credits were earned at institutions other than Hunter College.
For the purposes of designating Valedictorian and Salutatorians, course(s) taken "on permit" at other CUNY schools are included when calculating the GPA.