You are here: Home Communications Pressroom News Hunter Salutes Our Military Veterans

Hunter Salutes Our Military Veterans

Hunter College is proud to salute and celebrate its students, faculty and administrators who have served in the United States Armed Forces. The entire college community honors their courage, hard work and dedication, and thanks them for their service in defending our nation. In particular, we are grateful for our student veterans, who bring special perspective and life experience to their academic work and participation in campus life. Hunter currently enrolls 260 student veterans, 75 percent of whom are undergraduates, with the remaining 25% pursuing graduate degrees.

These students enhance our institution’s diverse intellectual environment, both inside and outside the classroom, and we are honored that they have chosen Hunter as the place to pursue their studies.

Hunter is committed to providing a welcoming, proactive support system to address the specific needs of student veterans, and to help them take on the challenges of transitioning from military life into an academic environment. Under the auspices of the Dean of Students and the Office of Advising, Student Veteran Services provides dedicated personnel to support the student veteran population’s integration into the college community at large, and offers one-on-one academic advising specifically geared towards veterans to help them thrive at Hunter and in life.

For more information, visit: www.hunter.cuny.edu/veterans

Sincerely,

Jennifer J. Raab
President

Document Actions
HUNTER COLLEGE
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065
212.772.4000