Computer Science Education at Hunter
CS Degree Objectives
Hunter's Computer Science Department offers a comprehensive Bachelor of Arts degree in computer science. The core objectives of our curriculum are to:
- Provide a broad base in the design, implementation and application of computer software systems; a firm grasp of the essentials of computer architecture; and a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects of computer science;
- Prepare undergraduates for life after graduation in careers in business, government, and the computer industry or in the pursuit of graduate studies, and;
- Expose students to the excitement and challenge of computing technologies and theory through a variety of advanced topics courses and close participation with faculty in cutting-edge research.
Why Our Students Choose Hunter CS
Hunter's center for research and education in the theoretical foundations, implementation and application of information and computation, the Computer Science Department offers its students a unique learning experience:
Total undergraduate Computer Science enrollments for 2010-11 were 2,152 (1,029 for Fall '10 and 1,123 for Spring '11).
- The department's faculty members span a diverse range of backgrounds and interests, and have aggressively and successfully sought external funding for research and equipment;
- Our students have won national awards and gone to graduate school at top national institutions with full fellowships;
- There are many opportunities for undergraduates to work closely with faculty on current research projects;
- The department is part of a large liberal arts college and its faculty collaborates with faculty in other departments, such as , Psychology, Geography, and Biology;
- The department is conveniently located on the east side of Manhattan, with the city within its reach.
Explore Computer Science at Hunter
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about our research projects, our exceptional courses and the learning and teaching environment at Hunter. You'll also discover some of our graduates' accomplishments, and the many opportunities we offer our students. Learn more...