ERIC SCHWEITZER: NEW INTERIM DEPUTY CHAIR FOR THE CSCI DEPARTMENT
Mr. Eric Schweitzer has accepted the position of Interim Deputy Chair for the period of July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2014.
As Interim Deputy Chair, Eric will take on the following responsibilities:
· Oversee the department's course coordinator system; · In addition to coordinating CSCI 120 and 127 himself, he will regularly coordinate CSCI 160 and 265.
· Be responsible for the department's annual assessment, working with Hunter's Director of Assessment, Meredith Reitman; he will chair the Department's Assessment Committee.
· Oversee the department's peer-tutoring program and develop closely related undergraduate teaching assistant and early intervention programs.
· Oversee the Emergent Talent in Computing course (CSCI 171), with the Department Chair and Professor Felisa Vazquez-Abad.
· Work closely with me and the department's curriculum 'group' in the assessment and reworking of our core CS courses.
· Coordinate academic advising.