Welcome to the Computer Science Department
Technology, Information, Theory & Systems
The Department of Computer Science is located at Hunter's 68th street campus on the upper east side of Manhattan. Providing students with outstanding preparation both for employment as computer professionals and for future graduate study, the department expects students to construct creative solutions to challenging problems in a variety of contexts. The small but diverse faculty works closely with students in an open and collegial atmosphere. Our curriculum focuses on hands-on programming skills as well as the mathematics of computer science— the theoretical foundations that support current technology and will guide its future development. Learn More...
Academic Advising Hours for SUMMER 2016
Limited acaemic advising in Summer 2016: ERIC SCHWEITZER will hold "Walk In" advising hours on the following dates at the following times in Room HN 1000-E:
- Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 2:00p - 5:00p
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016* - 3:00p - 6:00p (*Date Changed)Monday, July 11, 2016 - 2:00p - 5:00p
- Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 2:00p - 5:00p
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 4:00p - 6:00p
- Friday, August 19, 2016 - 1:00p - 6:00p
- Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 2:00p - 5:00p
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016 -- 2:00p - 7:00p
Limited Summer Tutoring will be available for CSCI 12700 and 13500/13600 beginning June2 and continuing ONLY through June 30: Schedule follows...Room HN 1009:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10:40a - 11:40a and again 1:20p - 5:20p
CSCI DEPARTMENT OFFICE HOURS - SUMMER 2016
Know the Department Office Schedule before making the trek into town (the office will be running with a skeleton staff: it's still advisable to call first to make sure someone will be here). Download the office calendar for June, July and August, 2016.
TEST OUTS for CSCI 12700, 13500 and 15000: Summer 2016
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 -- Two sittings (9:30am and 5:30pm). Registration required. Read more about it. Download the registration form. Forms are due back at teh CSCI office no later than Thursday, July 28.
New e-Mail Help Line for Problems Encountered with the LINUX Lab (1000-G)
Students are advised when encountering problems with the CSCI Department's LINU Lab, a new e-mail account has been established: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send all enquiries from your @myhunter account/sign in using your full name as it appears on CUNYfirst;
- Include your COMPSCI user name;
- Include the exact command you're using;
- Include the exact error message you're getting;
- Include the name of the ecomputer in the LINUX lab you're trying to log onto or the IP address of the remote computer you're trying to log in from.
COMPUTER SCIENCE LABS AND POLICIES:
Learn about its rules, policies and regulations (and prevent your account from being inadvertently annulled) and download schedules for the "G"-Lab" and Bletchley Park (Room 1000) to find room availability for the Spring 2015 semester.
Learning Goals for Computer Science Students:
Front page photo collage courtesy of Dr. Saad Mneimneh.