CUNYfirst Information for Faculty and Staff - Procurement
In early July 2013, CUNY launched the CUNYfirst procurement module for all senior colleges. It replaces Hunter's budget, purchasing and accounts payable legacy system FOCIS. The new system will serve as the system of record for all State tax-levy purchasing, accounts payable and budgeting transactions. FOCIS will continue to be used to close out the 2012-2013 fiscal year while the CUNYfirst procurement module has been in use for the new 2013-2014 fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013.
Role Assignment in CUNYfirst Procurement
Access to the CUNYfirst Procurement module is available through role assignment. If you have a role assigned to you, you should have received an email from "Account@hunter.cuny.edu" in early July 2013 informing you of your role. Please refer to the link on the right margin of this page under Role Assignment/Support, for procedures on how to assign/modify roles, or you can contact the helpdesk for further assistance at 212-772-4357 or via email at email@example.com.
Training for CUNYfirst Procurement
Training on how to process requisitions, acknowledge receipt of goods and services and process payment requests is available and extremely important as a first step. You must register for training--classes are being offered based on your assigned role. Please refer to the link on the right margin for training schedule information.
Important facts about the new procurement system:
- All requisitions, purchase orders and vouchers (payments) will be processed via CUNYfirst with approvals for these processes enforced by system workflows.
- The CUNYfirst system will validate budget availability, using Commitment Control (KK), at every step in the procurement process.
- No self-approvals will be allowed for any CUNYfirst transactions. Segregation of duties will be enforced through role assignments.
- No approvals by subordinates will be permitted.
- Receipts will need to be validated prior to vendor payment.
Please refer to this page periodically for updates and the links on the right margin to improve your experience and understanding of the CUNYfirst Procurement module.