Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Counseling & Wellness Services IMMUNIZATION RECORDS HEALTH INSURANCE

i m m u n i z a t i o n   r e c o r d S


Health Insurance Enrollment On-Campus, Fall 2019

Do You Need Health Insurance?

The College strongly recommends that students purchase health insurance.

To help you understand your health insurance options, Affordable Care Act Navigators (ACA) and Certified Application Counselors (CAC) will be available on campus to answer your questions on the following dates below. They can assist you in finding the best coverage that will meet your needs.

Location: 3rd Floor West Lobby (near Cafeteria)

Fidelis Care
Health Plan

Sonam Phunstok

United Health Care

Evans Akoto

Community Relations &
Outreach Specialist:
Lyudmila Kolbin


Hannah Lee

Hispanic Federation

Liliana Melgar-Hoyos
212-233-8955 ext. 127

Hispanic Federation

Liliana Melgar-Hoyos
212-233-8955 ext. 127

10:00 am - 5:00 pm

10:00 am - 5:00 pm

1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

10:00 am - 5:00 pm

9:30 am - 12:30 pm


AUG 27

AUG 28

AUG 30


SEP 9, 16, 23

SEP 3, 10, 17, 24

SEP 4, 11, 18, 25

SEP 5, 12, 19, 26

SEP 6, 13, 20, 27

OCT 7, 21, 28

OCT 15, 22, 29

OCT 16, 23, 30

OCT 3, 10, 17, 24, 31

OCT 4, 11, 18, 25

NOV 4, 11, 18, 25

NOV 5, 12, 19, 26

NOV 6, 13, 20, 27

NOV 7, 14, 21

NOV 01, 8, 15, 22

DEC 2, 9

DEC 3, 10

DEC 4, 11

DEC 5,12

DEC  6, 13

Current schedule is subject to change without notice. Please call Immunization Records before visiting.

Documents You Must Bring:

To enroll in free or low-cost health insurance, you must provide proof of age, identity, residence, income and possibly U.S. citizenship or qualified immigrant status.

Some examples:

Proof of Age and Identity

Proof of Residency / Home Address

Proof of Income

  • Driver's license/official photo ID
  • Passport
  • Birth or baptismal/religious certificate Official school or adoption records
  • Government ID card with address
  • Postmarked envelope or postcard
  • Utility bill (gas, electric, cable, water, phone)
  • Correspondence from government agency

Provide the most recent proof of income before taxes and deductions. Submit all that apply:

  • Wages and salary or Self-Employment
  • Unemployment Benefits
  • Private Pensions/Annuities
  • Social Security
  • Child Support/Alimony
  • Worker's Compensation
  • Veteran's Benefits
  • Interest/Dividends/Royalties
  • Income from Rent or Room/Board
  • Support from Other Family Members


More Information

Affordable Care Act (ACA) (aka ObamaCare)

  • For information on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the NY State of Health health insurance exchange click here.
  • For detailed information on some of the health insurance options for college students click here.
  • Affordable Care Act Navigators (ACA) and Certified Application Counselors (CAC) are on campus to answer your questions and to enroll you, if eligible, for free or low cost health insurance (Mondays-Thursdays, 10:00 AM-5:00PM, near Cafeteria, 3rd floor West).

International Students

  • Click here for more information on the International Student Protection insurance program.
  • Click here for more information regarding health insurance requirements for international students.
  • Click here for additional health insurance options for international students.

Dental Care

  • Stu-Dent is dental plan offered through New York University College of Dentistry created for college students.

Helpful links:


DISCLAIMER: Hunter College is not responsible for any bills acquired by any of these agencies listed above. The identification of these agencies does not imply approval, warrant the accuracy of any information, or endorse any opinions expressed by any of these outside organizations. This list is intended for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and you should always consult your physician before starting a fitness regimen.
Document Actions

Contact Us



t: 212.772.4931
Room 1119, East Building
t: 212.772.4800
f: 212.650.3254 / 212.396.6703
Room 307, North Building
t: 212.650.3397
Room 307, North Building

Δ  For assistance after 5:00 pm, or in the case of an on-campus emergency, please call Public Safety at 212.772.4444.
Δ  In the case of an off-campus emergency, call 911.


Immunization Records
Office Hours & Contact Info

Monday - Thursday:
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM

t: 212.772.4800
f: 212.650.3254 / 212.396.6703
Room 307, North Building

Connect with Us Online

Get tips and info on wellness and mental health

Like us on Facebook Facebook

Follow us on Twitter  Twitter

Follow us on Instagram

« October 2019 »
Go to full calendar…
Counseling & Wellness Services website feedback: email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065