Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Education Abroad Programs Semester-long Programs Semester-long Exchanges

Semester-long Exchanges





Semester-long tuition exchange programs are for Hunter College students only! Tuition exchange programs allow students to pay for foreign credits at the Hunter College tuition rate established by the college's Bursar. Our foreign partners, in turn, send foreign students to Hunter College for the semester.




Hunter College offers this reciprocal tuition exchange programs to the following universities abroad:

NOTE: HUNTER/Exchange Paper Applications are found in the university-specific pages linked below.


University of Amsterdam Amsterdam, The Netherlands March 1, 2016 September 2, 2016
Queen Mary, University of London London, U.K.
March 21, 2016
September 8, 2016
Deakin University Melbourne, Australia March 1, 2016 September 15, 2016
Nebrija Universidad Madrid, Spain April 21, 2016
CLOSED for Spring 2017
Meiji Gakuin University Tokyo & Yokohama, Japan February 24, 2016 CLOSED for Spring 2017


  • In order to be considered for these programs, students must have at least 60 credits at the end of the semester in which they apply for the exchange program and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
  • Hunter students going to any of these partner universities as exchange students pay Hunter tuition and continue receiving financial aid for which they are eligible while studying on campus. *Students who receive Pell may also be eligible for the Benjamin Gilman Scholarship.
  • Students are responsible for costs of student visas, housing, books, living expenses and courses that are not included in the regular semester offerings at the host schools.
  • Students are responsible for contacting their chosen country's consular offices in the U.S. to secure their student visas.
  • No special majors are required, but applicants should consult their advisors regarding courses they should be taking while abroad.
  • HUNTER/Exchanges are highly competitive and very limited in space.


Interested in applying to one of these programs after reviewing the program specific information above? Please stop by the Office of Education Abroad (E1447) for application instructions.


If you plan to apply for funding from outside scholarships such as the Benjamin A. Gilman, the Boren Awards, etc., please verify & follow any application deadlines and guidelines these scholarships list. Many scholarships follow cycles that do not correspond to our exchange deadlines.


Document Actions
Education Abroad website feedback:
(212) 772-4983 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065