Semester Study Abroad in Costa Rica
Hunter College joins forces with the International Center for Development Studies (ICDS) and Universidad Latina to offer our first semester-long study abroad program. Any student interested can apply to this program
Development Studies in Latin America (12 credits)
Semester-long tuition exchange programs are for Hunter College students only! Tuition exchange programs allow students to pay for foreign credits at the Hunter College tuition rate established by the college's Bursar. Our foreign partners, in turn, send foreign students to Hunter College for the semester.
Hunter College offers this reciprocal tuition exchange programs to the following universities abroad:
|FOREIGN UNIVERSITY||CITY, COUNTRY||SPRING 2017 DEADLINES|
|University of Amsterdam||Amsterdam, The Netherlands||September 2, 2016|
|Queen Mary, University of London||London, U.K.
||September 8, 2016|
|Deakin University||Melbourne, Australia||September 15, 2016|
|Nebrija Universidad||Madrid, Spain||CLOSED for Spring 2017|
|Meiji Gakuin University||Tokyo & Yokohama, Japan||CLOSED for Spring 2017|
Semester Program Exchanges
- In order to be considered for these programs, students must have at least 60 credits at the end of the semester in which they apply for the exchange program and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Hunter students going to any of these partner universities as exchange students pay Hunter tuition and continue receiving financial aid for which they are eligible while studying on campus. *Students who receive Pell may also be eligible for the Benjamin Gilman Scholarship.
- Students are responsible for costs of student visas, housing, books, living expenses and courses that are not included in the regular semester offerings at the host schools.
- Students are responsible for contacting their chosen country's consular offices in the U.S. to secure their student visas.
- No special majors are required, but applicants should consult their advisors regarding courses they should be taking while abroad.
- HUNTER/Exchanges are highly competitive and very limited in space.
Interested in applying to one of these programs after reviewing the program specific information above? Please stop by the Office of Education Abroad (E1447) for application instructions.