Welcome to the Faculty Delegate Assembly
Welcome to the Faculty Delegate Assembly's website. We are keenly interested in your suggestions and updates to this new effort to provide a portal to Hunter College faculty resources. We are especially interested in your ideas for additional resources we can list or link to under the Faculty Matters tab. Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The week of May 2nd, all faculty will recieve an invitation via email to submit their vote. The follow are the nominees:
For Faculty Delegate Assembly Executive Committee
President: John Wallach (Political Science)
Vice-President: Jochen Albrecht (Geography)
Secretary: Debbie Sonu (Curriculum and Teaching
Committee Members: Peter Dudek (Art)
Berndatte McCauley (History)
Barry Zimmerman (Chemistry)
For the University Faculty Senate
Jochen Albrecht (Geography)
Eckhard Kuhn-Osius (German)
Bernadette McCauley (History)
Elke Nicolai (German)
Laxmi Ramasubramanian (Urban Affairs)
Elaine Walsh (Urban Affairs)
Jason Young (Psychology)
The results of the FDA report on hiring practices is now available.
The FDA passsed the following resolutions at its meeting on November 18th. The first concerns promotion to full Professor and the second to the COACHE survey.
The Faculty Delegate Assembly recognized discussion in the college regarding personnel procedures in consideration of promotion to full Professor. We encourage the college to proceed to follow the promotional schedule published by the Office of the Provost and consistent with the Charter of the college.
Be it resolved that the Faculty Delegate Assembly requests that the Hunter College Senate establish an ad hoc committee to obtain and review both qualitative and quantitative data and to report to the faculty body no later than the end of the 2015--2016 academic year.
Recent Events and Issues:
- Link to the Office of Research Administration's Alert regarding Important Proposal and Award Management Information, August 14, 2015.
- Link to the most recent edition of the Faculty Voice.
- Link the updated protocols for use of Hunter-L, passed by the Hunter Senate, May 2013.
- Link to read the UFS crafted policy statement on the assigning of faculty-published texts.
- Link to Instrumentation Summary of the COACHE Faculty Job Satisfaction Survey.
- To renew your free NY Times digital subscription, please follow this link.