The German Department sponsors a summer study abroad program in Kassel, Germany, for students at all levels.
in Kassel, Germany
Language, Culture, and Life in the Heart of Germany!
• Rolling 4-week sessions from June through
• Students with previous knowledge of German may register for any 4-week period during the summer.
• Students with no previous knowledge of German may begin only on June 3, July 1, and July 29 (Dates vary slightly from year to year).
Study German in international classes of approximately 15 students at DIALOG-Institut in the City of Kassel, in the center of Germany. Classes, afternoon activities, field trips, discussions with host families and other students. Immerse yourself!
Participants live in single rooms in German homes.
COST: approximately $1,600 plus 6 credits
CUNY tuition plus air fare
Total cost subject to change only if there is an extreme fluctuation in exchange rates.
(1) health insurance
(2) room in a German home with 3 meals a day
(3) instruction and textbooks
(4) 6 hours of Hunter German credits
Financial Aid available: Pell grants, STOCS grants (Study/Travel Opportunities for CUNY Students)
Max Kade Scholarships for Study Abroad: Through the generosity of the Max Kade Foundation, we are able to offer approximately 15 travels grants of up to $1,000.- Apply for these grants in the office of the German Department (West 1405) in early April.
Deadline for STOCS program is usually March. Inquire with Study Abroad office.
Visit, call, or write
Prof. Eckhard Kuhn-Osius
Hunter West 1404
or contact the
Director of Study Abroad Programs
Hunter College Education Abroad Office
Room East 1420
695 Park Avenue
NY NY 10065
(212) 772-4983, Fax: 772-5005
Monday - Friday 10am - 1pm
Saturdays by appointment