Letters of Recommendation
These instructions are not applicable to those who are applying to the CUNY School of Public Health. For more information on the application requirements, please consult with the SOPHAS website
Recommenders must submit their letter electronically through our online application system, please follow these instructions:
Click on "Recommendations" then,
Click on "Recommendation Provider List" input the name and contact information, including a valid email address of each recommender.
Once the recommender's information is saved, an email will be sent to them with a link and detailed instructions on how to submit the letter online (Note: The link automatically expires 108 days after it was generated, if the recommender attempts to use the link after 108 days, they will not be able to access the system. You will have to re-send them the notification in order for them to successfully access the system.) If you would like to send a reminder, click on the "RESEND" button next to their name. This will automatically generate a reminder email.
- Once the recommender submits their letter, it will become a part of your application. Reference could be submitted after submission of the online application.
- You may keep track of the status of your online recommendations by login into your application account.
- If a recommender encounters any issues with the submission process, they should contact the online application system Technical Support. Technical Support may be contacted by clicking on the "Need Help" link.
- Please note: Hunter College does not accept letters kept on file in Dossier Services such as "Interfolio Services or Credential Services."
- Applicants are not permitted to inspect letters of recommendation in their Hunter files. Only students who are ADMITTED and CURRENTLY ENROLLED in a graduate degree program at Hunter College may make an appointment with the Graduate Admissions Office to view their letters of recommendation unless the right of access has been waived on the form.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BECOME THE LEGAL PROPERTY OF THE COLLEGE AND MAY NOT BE SURRENDERED BACK, COPIED OR FORWARDED TO A THIRD PARTY.