Degree Application Overview
General Admission Requirements:
An applicant for graduate admission at Hunter College is expected to, at minimum:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College. Degrees granted on the basis of work completed at institutions which are not fully accredited, or on the basis of non-academic prior learning, test scores, and other than organized supervised course work in academic subjects will not be considered comparable.
- Have a “B” average for courses in the area of specialization, an overall “B minus” average for the baccalaureate, and a “B” average for any courses taken on the graduate level.
Applicants with International Credentials are expected to demonstrate above average scholarship.
Additional program requirements can be found in the Program Requirements Section.
You may only apply to one program for any given semester; therefore, please decide which of our programs is the most appropriate for you.
We have tried to make the admissions process as simple and straightforward as possible. Applying for admission to a graduate program at Hunter is a fully online process. It requires that you complete the main online application form and the required program specific supplemental forms. Before submitting your application you must upload your statements of purpose and scanned copies of your unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. All letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online Reccommendation system as well.
Before you begin the process of applying to one of our graduate programs, please review the Application Requirements section. This section serves as a "checklist" of required application materials and provides answers to frequently asked questions regarding the application process.
Hunter College does not grant deferrals of admission; you must reapply.
You need to create and submit a new graduate degree online application in order to reapply to a graduate program at Hunter College.
In order to successfully submit a new application you must:
- upload your statement of purpose
- scan and upload copies of unofficial transcripts of all your undergraduate and graduate colleges
- You have to re-enter the names and information including a valid email address of your recommenders and the recommenders will have to re-submit their letters electronically through our online application system.
No additional application fee will be necessary IF; you are currently attending as a graduate non-matriculated student at Hunter College; you were accepted and you are reapplying for the following processing period OR your application was found incomplete at the time the admission committee reviewed the application (provided that you paid the application processing fee) AND you are reapplying for the following processing period. In this case please choose the "Pay by check" option at the end, but do not send another check.
**Please note** Your application will go through a new review and evaluation process by the Faculty Review Committee; therefore the outcome of your current application decision may not reflect that of the previous or original outcome.
*PLEASE NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BECOME THE LEGAL PROPERTY OF THE COLLEGE AND MAY NOT BE SURRENDERED BACK OR COPIED*