Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home » Graduate Admissions » Applying » Non-Degree Application
Apply Online Button


Please note:

Effective August 2014 prospective applicants to the CUNY School of Public Health need to apply through the SOPHAS application system. Please DO NOT use the Hunter College graduate degree online application.

International Applicants

Applicants who have completed ALL or PART of their undergraduate studies in a NON-US institution and/or require students visas: The deadline to submit an application for the Fall 2015 has been extended until Sunday, March 1

Document Actions

Non-Degree Policy & Procedure


Fall Semester July 1
Winter Session October 15
Spring Semester December 1
Summer Session  April 15

As of Monday, December 1, 2014 the Silberman School of Social Work is no longer accepting NEW applications for graduate non-matriculated admission for the Spring 2015 semester.

The Silberman School of Social Work DOES NOT OFFER COURSES to NEW graduate non-matriculated students for the SUMMER or WINTER session.

Please note: This status is intended only if you would like to take GRADUATE LEVEL COURSES, not undergraduate level courses.


In order to be considered for admission to Hunter College as a graduate non-degree student, you must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree.

Application Fee:

A $125 application fee is required of all applicants.  It will be collected at the time of your first registration. DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION FEE WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Please note, you will be responsible for paying the $125 processing fee; even if you register and drop your courses prior to the first day of the semester. *Please note: Regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the College, the application processing fee is non-refundable because the College provided a service to you.  Students currently enrolled on the graduate level at another CUNY College as a graduate non-matriculated student, will have their application fee waived if proof of enrollment for the appropriate semester is shown. In example: If you are enrolled, and registered for courses for the Summer session 2014 at a CUNY institution and applying as a graduate non-matriculated student for the Summer session 2014 at Hunter College, the application processing fee may be waived.

Review and Notification:

If your are US Permanent Resident, you must present your Alien Registration Card to the Graduate Admissions office along with your application.

If your application and the supporting proof of BA degree conferral are acceptable, registration materials will be sent with further instructions about two weeks prior to the start of registration.

Please Note the Following Restrictions:

  • The School of Education, the School of Nursing, Communication Sciences, Art History, Art Studio, Creative Writing, Urban Affairs, and Urban Planning Programs DO NOT OFFER NON-DEGREE ADMISSION.
  • CUNY School of Public Health - MUST OBTAIN WRITTEN APPROVAL FIRST IN ORDER TO APPLY. Please visit the  CUNY School of Public Health website for more information on obtaining permission.
  • Admission as a graduate non-degree student does not guarantee approval to take a specific course - you must present your registration material, and usually an additional copy of your academic transcript, to the program advisor to obtain course approval prior to registration
  • Acceptance as a non-degree student does not imply admissibility as a degree student in a future semester
  • Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid
  • Non-degree students are not eligible for student visas
Graduate Admissions Office Hours

Mon-Thurs - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Friday - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm

Room - 223 (2nd floor) North Building

May 2013 »