Readmission Policy & Procedure
|Fall Semester||July 1|
|Winter Session||October 15|
|Spring Semester||December 1|
|Summer Session||April 15|
Graduate Readmission Policies:
This application is to be used only if you have previously attended and completed at least one semester as a graduate student at Hunter College and wish to return.
You can only be readmitted to the same status in which you formerly attended. If you are a former non-degree student and are seeking admission to a degree program you must complete the graduate degree application.
If you have been accepted as a matriculated student for a previous semester but did not register for classes, you cannot use this application. You must reapply by completing the graduate degree application.
If you are a graduate degree student who had an approved leave of absence you must file for readmission in order to return to Hunter College.
If your graduate GPA is below 3.0 and you still want to apply for readmission, submit a Graduate Readmission Probation Approval Form signed by the Graduate Advisor and Division Dean along with your Application for Graduate Readmission.
- If the allowed time period for completion of your degree has passed (School of Arts and Sciences - 4 years; School of Education, Schools of the Health Professions, and Silberman School of Social Work - 5 years) submit an approved Time Extension Approval Form along with your application for Graduate Readmission .
- If you are applying for degree readmission and completed graduate course work in your absence from Hunter College, arrange to have official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended sent to:
|Graduate Admissions Office, Room 223 North|
|695 Park Avenue|
|New York, NY 10065|
- If you are applying for readmission to the Silberman School of Social Work, obtain written permission from the Silberman School of Social Work Admissions Office.
- If you are applying for non-degree readmission to the Silberman School of Social Work or School of Education , obtain written permission from:
- Silberman School of Social Work- Enrollment Management, 7th Floor (2180 Third Avenue at 119th Street)
- School of Education- Education Services, Room 1000 HW
The following application fees are required for readmission:
|Degree students||$ 10|
The application fee will be collected at the time of your first registration. Do Not Send the Application Fee in With Your Application!
Review and Notification:
Students who left the college in good academic standing, (grade point average 3.0 or higher) and are within the allowed time period for their degree completion (five years from the date of matriculation for students in the School of Education, Schools of Health Professions, and Silberman School of Social Work; four years of the date of matriculation for students in the School of Arts and Sciences) are generally approved for readmission. If your application and supporting material are acceptable, materials will be sent with further instructions about registration. Consult your Graduate Advisor regarding planning your registration and future studies.