Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home » Graduate Admissions » FAQ » Submitting College and University Transcripts
Apply Online Button


School of Education

Extended Deadlines

All of the graduate degree programs under the School of Education (EXCEPT MSEd in School Counseling; MSEd in Mental Health Counseling; MA in Dance Education; Adv. Cert. in Supervision and Administration, and EdD in Instructional Leadership) have extended their deadline until Wednesday, June 1

School of Arts and Sciences

Extended Deadlines

The following graduate degree programs have extended their deadline until Wednesday, June 1: MS in AccountingMA in Geography; Certificate in Geographic Information Science; MFA in Integrated Media ArtsMA in Statistics and Applied Mathematics

Document Actions

Submitting College and University Transcripts

May I send transcripts before submitting an application?

NO, you  MUST scan and upload ALL transcripts to the online application.

How many copies of each transcript must be submitted with an application?

One scanned unofficial transcript from ALL college and universities you have attended is sufficient.

Do I need to submit transcripts if I only took a few courses at another school?

Yes. A transcript showing all courses and grades of any academic work completed must be scanned and uploaded.

Can transcripts be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office or should I collect and forward them?

For initial submission of your application you must scan and upload unofficial transcripts. Only if you are offered admissions, you must request OFFICIAL transcripts from ALL institutions you had indicated on the Educational History section to be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office (or the Hunter College Silberman School of Social Work for applicants to that school) in their original sealed envelopes.

Where should I send official transcripts?

If you are applying to the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Education, Communication Sciences, Doctor of Physical Therapy, or School of Nursing transcripts must be sent to: Hunter College, Attn:Graduate Admissions Office, Room 223 North, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065.

If you are applying to the Silberman School of Social Work transcripts should be sent to:Silberman School of Social Work, Attn:Enrollment Management-7th Floor, 2180 Third Avenue, New York, 10035.

Graduate Admissions Office Hours

Monday-Thursday 10:00am-5:00pm

Friday 10:00am-12:00pm

*Please follow the Hunter College website for additional college closings

The graduate admissions office will be closed on:

Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day

June 2013 »
School of Nursing

Extended Deadlines:

The following graduate degree programs have extended their Fall 2016 deadline until Sunday, May 16 : Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist-MS, Community/Public Health Nursing-MS,Gerontological/Adult Nurse Practitioner-MS, Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner-DNP, Community/Public Health Nursing-DNP, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-DNP, Family Nurse Practitioner-DNP (only applicants with completed MS)