Degree (Matriculated) Students
All newly accepted graduate degree students are required to submit a non-refundable commitment deposit of $250 (USD) to reserve their space in the graduate program. This commitment deposit will be credited to the student's first semester bill. Click here for more information on the commitment deposit procedure.
If you have received your letter of acceptance but have not yet acknowledged your acceptance at Hunter College please log back into your online application using your Username and Password and click on the "Your application decision is now available online" link. The link will lead you to the Hunter College graduate degree enrollment form where you can let us know whether you will be attending. To access the online application system click here.
- Graduate applicants admitted into a graduate degree program who are Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves, (submit the required proof) are EXEMPT from paying the $250 commitment deposit.
- Applicants offered Graduate-Non Matriculated status are NOT REQUIRED to pay the $250 commitment deposit.
- Graduate applicants admitted into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program (DPT) and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs (DNP) are NOT REQUIRED to submit the $250 commitment deposit. All admitted students must acknowledge their acceptance through the online graduate degree application system.
Non-Degree (Non-Matriculated) Students
If you have submitted an application for Graduate Non-Matriculated status the Graduate Admissions Office will send you a notification informing you of your approval for admission two weeks prior to the start of registration. If you are approved for non-matriculated status you may register for courses provided that you receive permission for a particular class from the graduate advisor of the relevant Department.
- All new graduate students must consult with a graduate advisor prior to registering for classes. Some programs have orientation sessions for the new graduate students. You will be contacted by your program directly if they will be hosting a new student orientation. We encourage you to attend these orientations. If your program does not host a new student orientation then you should contact the Graduate Advisor of your program. You can find his/her name and contact information in the Program Requirements section of this web site.
- In order to register for classes you must show proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella and indicate receipt of meningitis information. Click on Immunization Requirements to find details on how to submit your immunization information to the College.
For a complete Academic Calendar visit the Registrar's web site.