Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Adv. Cert.
|Degree Offered:||Adv. Cert.
|Fall Application Deadline:||April 1|
|Spring Application Deadline:||November 1|
|Graduate Advisor:||Dr. Kunsook Bernstein
Applicants who have completed all or part of their university studies in a non-US institution and/or require student visas must submit their applications no later than February 1 to be considered for Fall admission and September 15 to be considered for Spring admission.
Please note: Certificate and Advance Certificate programs are NOT ELIGIBLE for Federal Financial Aid
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for admission. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
A master's degree in nursing in psychiatric mental health from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum graduate grade point average of 3.0.
- License and current registration to practice professional nursing in New York State.
- A minimum of two years of full-time professional experience with mentally ill population.
Two letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional sources demonstrating potential for success as a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
A statement of purpose of approximately 500 words describing your objectives in undertaking graduate study in the desired specialization. In reviewing applications, considerable importance is placed on the applicant’s interest in and commitment to advanced study and professional development.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and who have taken all or part of their undergraduate education in a country where English is not the native language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The following minimum scores must be obtained:
- Paper Based Test: 550
- Computer Administered Test: 213
- Internet Based Test: 60 (less speaking component)
For additional program information, visit the Nursing web site.