|Degree Offered:||MFA (60 credits)
|Fall Application Deadline:||Fall 2012 Admissions Canceled
|Graduate Advisor:||Prof. Jana Feinman
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for admission. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College.
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have taken all or part of their undergraduate education in a country where English is not the native language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The following minimum scores must be obtained:
- Paper Based Test: 550
- Computer Administered Test: 213
- Internet Based Test: 60 (less speaking component)
- A statement of purpose of approximately 500 words describing your long term objectives in dance. This is not a request for a personal narrative. We are looking for clear goals and professional intentions. Please address your interests in any/all of the creative processes of teaching, dancing, choreography, scholarship and/or writing.
- Two letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional references.
Dance Program Supplemental Application Materials and Activities:
(All supplemental materials need to be sent to: Jana Feinman - Director, Dance Program; Hunter College , Thomas Hunter Hall Room 614, 695 Park Ave., New York, NY 10065)
Video Documentation: DVD or link to 1-3 clips of your creative work - between 5 and 15 minutes in total. No promo reels please: we are interested in seeing and hearing your individual creative voice as demonstrated in your work.
- Personal/ Professional curriculum vitae.
- Movement Audition: The movement audition consists of a contemporary based warm-up as well as group and solo improvisatory exercises.
- Interview: Based on review of application materials, video documentation and movement audition, applicants may be invited to have an individual conversation/interview with the dance program admissions committee.
For additional program information, visit the Dance Program website.