Integrated Media Arts
|Degree Offered:||MFA (48 credits)
|Fall Application Deadline:||March 1
|Spring Application Deadline:||Not Applicable
|Graduate Advisor:||Gayathri Iyer
Applicants who have completed all or part of their university studies in a non-US institution and/or require student visas must submit their application no later than February 1 to be considered for Fall admission.
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for admission. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College.
Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0.
- A portfolio of media works, indicating talent and promise to be submitted along with the IMA Portfolio Description Form to the Film and Media Department. Works may include videos and films, interactive digital design, photography, sound, graphic design, journalistic writings, etc.
- Three letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional references.
- A statement of purpose of approximately 500 words describing your objectives in undertaking graduate study, this statement should describe applicant's long-term objectives as a media maker and the social impact they hope their work have. Statement should also explain why Hunter's MFA program in Integrated Media Arts is particularly relevant to the applicant's creative goals.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and who have taken all or part of their undergraduate education in a country where English is not the native language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The following minimum scores must be obtained:
- Paper Based Test: 550
- Computer Administered Test: 213
- Internet Based Test: 60 (less speaking component)
- Test of Written English (TWE) component of the TOEFL examination.
For additional program information, visit the IMA MFA website.