|Degree Offered:||MFA (36 credits)
|Fall Application Deadline:||April 1
Prof. Arthur Kopit
Prof. Mira Felner
Applicants who have completed all or part of their university studies in a non-US institution and/or require student visas must submit their applications no later than February 1 to be considered for Fall admission and September 15 to be considered for Spring admission.
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for admission. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College.
- A statement of purpose of approximately 500-750 words answering the following questions: Why do you choose playwriting as a literary form? Discuss your background in the theatre, the playwrights and productions that have influenced you, and what you hope to bring to the stage.
- Play Manuscript - Submit a full length play or a one act play of at least 40 pages. A digital copy of the manuscript needs to be uploaded in the online applications system before submitting the application.
- Two letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional references.
Official score report of the GRE (For information on taking the GRE, visit www.GRE.org).
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have taken all or part of their undergraduate education in a country where English is not the native language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The following minimum scores must be obtained:
- Paper Based Test: 550
- Computer Administered Test: 213
- Internet Based Test: 60 (less speaking component)
For additional program information, visit the Theatre Department website.