How to Participate in a Meeting
How to Participate in an Adobe Acrobat Connect Meeting
Note: For the purpose of consistency between the Hunter College written or web documentation and the Adobe Connect Pro software terminology, we will use "meeting" to represent a virtual class session, "host" to mean the faculty member or meeting leader, and "participant" or "attendee" to refer tor students or others attending a virtual meeting.
- Before your Session: Test Your Computer
- Join a Meeting/Class
- Using Voice-over-IP (VoIP) for Audio Communication
- Sharing Webcam Video
- Change Your Status
- Chat with Other Meeting Participants
- It is recommended that you test your computer prior to attending a virtual meeting. You can do this by going to https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/Meet_test.htm.
- The Connection Test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps of the test, then you are ready to participate in a meeting.
(Tip: The fourth step of the Connection Test is for the Acrobat Connect Add-In, which is only required for Meeting Hosts and Presenters. Installing the Add-In is not required, but doing so enhances your online experience.)
- If you do not pass the Connection Test, perform the suggested actions and run the test again. Once you pass the first three steps, you are ready to participate in a meeting.
- When the Meeting time arrives, click on the link in your email or enter the URL into your favorite web browser.
- The meeting login screen appears. Enter your name, and click Enter Room.
- If the meeting host is not yet present, the meeting participants will be placed into a waiting room until the host arrives. Please be patient.
- Once the meeting host accepts the participant into the room, the meeting interface appears.
* Participants must have a USB headset to utilize this function, provided they have been given microphone access privileges by the host.
- Voice-over-IP (VoIP) allows you to communicate with other meeting participants using your computer's microphone and speakers. If you intend to use this feature, it is highly recommended that you first run through the Audio Setup Wizard. To do this, begin by selecting Meet > Manage My Settings > Audio Setup Wizard...
- The wizard guides you through five steps in which you are asked to test your speakers, select a microphone and other options. If you have never used Connect Pro before, you may see a Flash Player settings box asking you for permission to access your camera and mic. Choose Allow. If you wish to avoid this step in the future, click the Remember checkbox.
- To begin using VoIP, locate the Talk button in the Layout bar. While pushing Talk your voice is being broadcast and you should see an indicator next to your name in the participant list. Once you let go of the Talk button, your voice is no longer broadcast. If you wish to continually broadcast your voice, click the Lock icon.
Tip 1: If multiple participants intend to use VoIP at the same time, it is recommended that they install the Connect Pro Add-In and run through the Audio Setup Wizard prior to the meeting.
Tip 2: Classes that exceed 20 students may experience poor quality audio and video due to the limited bandwidth.
* Participants must have a webcam to utilize this function, provided they have been given the privilege by the host.
- You can easily share webcam video with other meeting participants. To do so, make sure your webcam is plugged in, and click Start my camera and voice in the Camera and Voice pod.
- Once your webcam is being shared, you can change the rate at which your video stream is broadcast. If other participants are on slower connections (dial-up, for example), it is recommended that the camera should be set to Fast Images or Slow Images. To change this setting click on the Pod Options menu on the lower right hand corner of the pod. Fast Images is the default setting.
Within a meeting, you can change your status to communicate with other meeting attendees.
To do so, open the Change Status menu and select the desired status option.
If you select options above the line such as Raise Hand or Step Away, your status remains until you choose Clear My Status. If you choose an option below the line such as Speed Up or Applause, your status automatically clears itself.
When you set your status, an icon appears next to your name in the attendee list.
Tip: If you need to get up from your computer during the course of the meeting, change your status to Step Away. When you do this, an icon appears next to your name letting other attendees know that you are away.
If the meeting host enables this feature, you can chat with other meeting participants.
To do so, simply type a message in the Chat Pod as you would in any instant messaging program. Then hit Enter or click the Send Message button to send your message.
You can choose to send your message to all participants, just meeting hosts and presenters, or if the host enables it, to specific attendees.
In some instances, the Chat Pod serves as an area for you to ask questions. If this is the case, any messages you submit are sent to meeting hosts and presenters and do not immediately appear in the Chat Pod.