Q. How do I get my OneCard?
A. All Hunter College students, staff, and faculty are issued a college ID, which is also their OneCard. New students can get their OneCard during orientation.
Q. What if I lose, misplace, or damage my ID/OneCard?
A. If you lose your OneCard, please log in to the OneCard website immediately to deactivate your card or report the loss to the OneCard office in Room 126 in the West Building, where a new card can be created for you. Before requesting a new card, you must visit the Bursar's Office in room 238 North to pay a $5 replacement fee and bring your receipt to the OneCard office. Your old card will be deactivated and will no longer work anywhere on campus. Please be aware that you remain responsible for card usage prior to deactivation. Falsifying, altering or misusing your own or anyone else's ID card in any way is strictly prohibited by the College.
Q: Does my child need a OneCard or pass from the Visitors Center to get into the Children's Learning Center?
A: No. Parents or guardians who are escorting their child to the Children's Learning Center do not need to obtain a OneCard or day pass for their child. However, the parent/guardian does need to have a valid OneCard or day pass to enter the North Building.
Accounts and Balances
Q. How many accounts are on my OneCard, and what are they?
A. You may have access to some or all of the following account types:
- Dining Account: This is for use in all Hunter cafeterias and in the coffee stand in the lobby of the West Building. (Students who use their Dining Account are not charged tax on their food purchases.) You must sign up for this type of account if you wish to use it. To do so, log in at the OneCard website, click the tab marked "Dining Plan," and follow the instructions there. (You do not have to add money at this time.)
- Flex Account: This is the account used for printing, copying, vending machines, and library fees. This account is automatically enabled.
Q. How can credit be added to my OneCard accounts?
A. Credit to your Dining and Flex Account balances can be added through the OneCard website, or at one of the Account Management Centers (AMCs) around campus. You can use a credit card (minimum addition $20) or pay cash at an AMC.
Q. How can I see transactions on my card?
A. To view your transaction history, you may log in to the OneCard website. After logging in, click on the "My Accounts" tab and select "Transaction History."
Q. Can I move funds between the different accounts on my OneCard?
A. Yes, funds can be moved between your Dining and Flex Accounts. Please go to the OneCard office in Room 126 West if you need this service.
Q. Can I withdraw cash from my OneCard account balances?
A. No, your OneCard is not an ATM card. You cannot withdraw cash from it.
Q. What happens to credit left in my Flex and Dining Accounts at
the end of the year?
A. Upon withdrawal, graduation, or termination of employment from the College, refunds must be requested in writing. Proof of separation from the College may be required. All Hunter College liabilities must be settled before a check will be processed for a refund. Refunds will not be issued for accounts of $20 or less. All refund checks will be mailed to the last known address listed with the College and may take 6-8 weeks to process. If no refund is requested within one year, funds will be forfeited to Hunter College.
Q: Where is the OneCard office?
A. The OneCard office is located in Room 126 in the West Building on the 68th Street Campus.
Monday 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Q. Where can I find an AMC?
A. A full list of Account Management Center (AMC) locations can be found here.
Q. Where can I find printers and copiers?
A. OneCard printers and copiers can be found in:
The PCS Labs
- 10th floor, North Building, 68th Street Campus
- 4th floor, Thomas Hunter Hall, 68th Street Campus
- E105, Brookdale Campus
The Hunter College Library
- Entrance on 3rd floor, East Building, 68th Street Campus
- Copiers on floors 2 - 7 in the Wexler Library, 68th Street Campus
- Printers on floors 3 and 7 in the Wexler Library, 68th Street Campus
The School of Social Work Library
- 2nd floor, School of Social Work Campus