Meet Me Conference Bridge
We also have a 60 port Meet Me conference bridge, set for two 30-party conferences at one time or multiple smaller conferences. Faculty or staff members from every Hunter campus can use this conference bridge. Conference ID’s are set up by the Telecommunications unit by contacting the Faculty/Staff helpdesk. Once a conference ID is set up users may schedule a conference at any time. Conferences may include both internal and external callers.
The Meet Me Conference Bridge may be used when a person needs to conduct a pre-scheduled telephone conference call. Callers can be given the telephone number to dial into the conference bridge and then enter the conference access code and entry code when prompted. Instructions for establishing a conference call are as follows:
The person scheduling the conference should dial into the conference bridge at (212)396-6300 from outside the 68th street campus of the college (or 1-6300 from inside the 68th street campus of Hunter College.)
The process is as follows:
- You will be greeted by "welcome to the Hipath meet me conferences. Please enter the access code of the conference and confirm your entry with the pound ( # ) key."
- When you have entered the access code you will hear a beep and the following prompt.:
- Please enter either the start or entry code of the conference and confirm your entry with the pound (#) key
- You will then hear music.
- You will hear 3 beeps as a party enters the conference.
- The conference will close when only one party is left on line
- For simplicity callers should be given the entry code in order to enter the conference The start code should be used by the party originating the conference.