Frequently Asked Questions about Hunter email services.
- How can I get a Hunter email account?
- How can I read my Hunter email?
- How do I change my password?
- Can I forward my Hunter email to my personal address?
- Can I set a "vacation" auto-reply message on my email account?
- Can I import my own mail client's address book into Hunter's webmail system?
1. How can I get a Hunter email account?
All students, faculty, and staff should get a Hunter email address upon admission (for students) or appointment (for faculty and staff). If you do not know your email account information, you can look it up in NetID Central.
If NetID Central does not find your account, please come to the Help Desk for assistance.
2. How can I read my Hunter email?
Hunter email is accessible via Webmail or by email client software. At the Webmail sign-in type in your Hunter NetID (the first part of your email address--leave off the "@hunter.cuny.edu") and password.
If you prefer, you can use a desktop mail client such as Outlook, OS X Mail, or Thunderbird. Please see the Email Help page for information on configuring your mail client.
3. How do I change my password?
4.Can I forward my Hunter email address to my personal account?
Yes. Sign in to Webmail and click the "Options" link (top right in 'Enhanced' or on the left menu bar in 'Standard'). On the resulting page, click the "Forwarding" link at the top of the page and follow the directions.
5. Can I set a "vacation" auto-reply on my email account?
Yes. (Remember to unsubscribe to any mailing lists before turning on an auto-reply!)
Yes. Sign in to Webmail and click the "Options" link (top right in 'Enhanced' or on the left menu bar in 'Standard'). On the resulting page, click "Auto-reply" or "Automatic Reply". Configure your settings and set the auto-reply by setting start/end dates or clicking the 'Start' button. If you are using 'Standard' Webmail you will need to manually stop your auto-reply when no longer needed.
6. Can I import my own mail client's address book into Hunter's webmail system?
Yes. Users can import their adddress book if it is in a comma-separated value file (.csv). If your mail client can export its address book in this fashion, then you can import it into webmail. Once you have the file, sign in to Webmail, click "Contacts" (enhanced) or "Address Book" (standard) on the left menu bar, and then use Tools > Import/Export or the "Import/Export" link at the top of the Contacts page. Click the "Choose File" button and put in your file name, and then click the "Import Now" button.