SIMS Access Application
PLEASE NOTE THE PROCESS HAS CHANGED
To obtain access to Hunter SIMS:
- Fill out the SIMS application form below.
Your supervisor/manager must indicate the systems you will need access. The application must be signed by you and your supervisor/manager.
- Complete the FERPA tutorial and pass a short quiz.
The tutorial covers Federal regulations and CUNY policies relating to FERPA and data security. The tutorial is available at: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/datasecurity. You will need your Hunter NetID and password to log in. At the end of the tutorial you will be asked to take a short quiz. On successful completion of the quiz you will receive your FERPA Certificate. Please print your certificate.
- Read the CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources.
This document is available at: CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Read the CUNY Information Technology Security Procedures.
This document is available at: CUNY Information Technology Security Procedures
- Print and sign your FERPA Certificate.
By signing this certificate you acknowledge that you have taken the tutorial and received and read the above CUNY policies and procedures.
- Send your completed SIMS Application and signed FERPA Certificate to the Hunter College Registrar's Office, North Building Room 217.
Your SIMS account credentials will be sent to you via your Hunter College email address.
Supervisors/managers please note: If the staff member requiring access to SIMS is a Hunter College student, you must complete the Student Access to SIMS form and submit that along with the SIMS application and signed FERPA Certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact the Faculty/Staff Helpdesk, 212-772-HELP or email@example.com.