HC Mailguard: Hunter Anti-Spam System
ICIT uses a centralized spam and virus removal engine called Proofpoint for all email accounts ending with '@hunter.cuny.edu'. Client email settings remain the same and no special configuration is necessary.
Your email will automatically be filtered through the antispam engine.
- Spam messages will be quarantined in a special folder.
- Every Monday - Thursday morning, you will receive an email from HC Mailguard
with the subject line End User Digest, containing the list of recent
messages the antispam server has flagged as "spam" and quarantined
since your last digest report. (See below.)
- Every Friday morning, you will receive a full digest with a list of all your quarantined messages.
For each listed message in the digest you will have the following options:
- Release - clicking on this link will release the message from quarantine and send it to your Inbox.
- Safelist - clicking on this link will release the message and add the sender to a "Safe Sender List" and allow all subsequent email from this address to pass through.
- Not Spam - clicking on this link will NOT release the message, but will send a copy to the antispam engine company for analysis to improve the accuracy of the system. To mark all future messages from a sender as not spam, and then release them into your Inbox, first click Not Spam, then click Safelist
A complete digest of quarantined messages can be obtained by clicking on the Request New End User Digest link.
Your Account Management page can be accessed by clicking on the Manage My Account link.
A list of Safe and Blocked Senders can be obtained by clicking on the Request Safe/Blocked Senders List link or from your Account Management page.
If many of your legitimate messages are being flagged as spam or if certain features are incompatible with your system(s), please visit our Mailguard FAQs or contact us as follows: