CUNY Portal ID Walkthrough
This page contains step-by-step instructions on activating your CUNY Portal ID.
This walkthrough and its screenshots are specific to students; Faculty and Staff can follow the same instructions, as the only difference will be selecting "Faculty" or "Staff" rather than "Student" on the appropriate page.
1. To create your PortalID, go toand click on the "Portal Log-in/Blackboard/eSIMS" link:
2. On the following page, click "Register for a New Account":
3. On the following page, click "Student":
4. The following page will ask for your last name, your Social Security number, and your birthdate to validate you as a CUNY student:
5. On the next page, you'll just be asked to click "Confirm" if your information is correct.
6. On the page following the confirmation, you will be asked to choose a username & password, and record what e-mail address will be associated with this PortalID. (ICIT strongly recommends that you use your Hunter NetID, if possible, as your PortalID username; and your Hunter e-mail address as your listed e-mail address.)
7. Once you have filled out the Username, Password, Password Confirmation, and Email blanks, just click the "Save" button and you're done! You will be able to use your PortalID immediately.